- Reading-Students will have a weekly reading log. Students will be expected to read 5 books every week in addition to a short reading passage with comprehension questions. Reading homework will be sent home on the first day of the week and is due the first day of the following week. Students may log any books that they read beyond the goal of 5 per week on a separate sheet of paper. We'll be setting a goal for number of books read to work towards.
- Spelling/Vocabulary-Students will receive a newsletter on the first day of each unit with a differentiated spelling list, vocabulary words, high frequency words, and skills and strategies. If you spend a few minutes each night going over this information with your student it will help prepare them for their weekly assessment.
- Math-Students will have an opportunity to work on their math practice homework during our math rotations. They will then turn in what they have finished. I will look over the paper and any unfinished work or work in need of correction will be sent home the following day.
- Projects-Some projects may be sent out throughout the year. An appropriate amount of time will be given for completion of these projects.
- Raise your hand before talking or getting out of seat.
- Respect other students and teacher and their property.